Over and Over
On September 9, 2011, I started a 30-Day Blog Challenge. To see all 30 prompts for this challenge (and Day 1′s response), click here. And then return to Life is Grace until October 9th, to read my answers/responses.
Day 18: A book you could read over and over again and never get sick of
This is another tough one for me, because I could answer this with several books. But I guess I’ll be the “rule-follower” here and list only one: To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. (For a funny story about Harper Lee, read #32 here.)
1) I am kind of addicted to the internet and technology–and I really don’t like that about myself. But at the same time, “unplugging” (no phone, no computer, no iPad) is one of my FAVORITE things to do!
2) I think Parenthood might be one of the best shows on T.V. (next to Modern Family). The writing is genius, and often SO resonates with me. But I have this “fear” that they’re going to go the way of so many of my used-to-be-favorite shows (i.e. Grey’s Anatomy and Brothers and Sisters)–shows that I gave up on and can’t watch anymore due to so much drama and too much infidelity in relationships. I’m keeping my fingers crossed, though…
3) I used to take naps often. I think it must have been because I had to get up at about 5:00 a.m. as a teacher. Now, my schedule has changed and I can sleep later so naps aren’t necessary. But when I do get to take a nap, it feels like a luxury and oh, how I still love them!
4) I’m not much of a “phone person”; I don’t really enjoy talking on the phone. I mean, of course I’ll do it and since my family and many of my closest friends don’t live nearby, that’s our main method of staying in touch. But I prefer face-to-face interaction when possible.
5) Fall is my favorite time of year! I love sweaters and jeans and boots and scarves!
6) I really can’t stand cleaning (I don’t know anyone who likes it!), but I lovelovelove the finished product! There’s not much like looking around at a freshly cleaned home.
7) Listing these 7 things took me 10 minutes… not bad! 😉
I’m also supposed to list 15 blogs that I think deserve this award. Now I KNOW I won’t be able to list that many… Not because I can’t think of 15, but of the blogs I read most of them have already received this award… See how that works? The blogosphere is such a loving bunch!
But I’ll list as many as I can:
1. The Melton Point–I love this blog. SUCH a positive outlook; such creativity.
2. Daily Nibbles–Great recipes and awesome photos!
3. Isabella & Max Rooms–love the design, DIY, and other inspirations here.
4. Ten June–again, LOVE the DIY and inspirations found here.
5. C&C Marriage Factory–awesome recipes and fantastic photography!
6. Sweet Caroline’s Cooking–really great way of presenting food and fantastic recipes!
7. Stephanie Cooks–more fantastic recipes.
8. In Jennie’s Kitchen–I actually found her blog when her husband, Mikey, passed away unexpectedly. She writes SO well–about all things. As she grieves, she’s so genuine. Oh, and her recipes are amazing!
9. Missy’s Mixed-Up Media Art–honest and very creative.
10. Pause and Smile–love her outlook and humor, too!
11. More: Love. Life. Action–interesting, poignant and straight to the heart. He often calls me to the carpet, and lately he’s been challenging my thoughts on and notions of grace.
I’ll stop there, as I know most of the other blogs I follow have already received the award.