On September 9, 2011, I started a 30-Day Blog Challenge. To see all 30 prompts for this challenge (and Day 1′s response), click here. And then return to Life is Grace until October 9th, to read my answers/responses.
Day 15: Write 15 interesting facts about yourself
1. The only bone I’ve ever broken is my right wrist. Actually, I just fractured it–at summer camp right before I started first grade. I had to wear a cast and learn to write with my left hand.
2. I believe in second chances–and often third and fourth and fifth, etc… I’m working on not being a pushover and being taken advantage of, while still extending grace.
3. I wear my heart on my sleeve. Always have. Sometimes it gets me into trouble, sometimes it totally works to my advantage.
4. When I was in high school, I memorized every single word of Billy Joel’s “We Didn’t Start the Fire”. I couldn’t stand not knowing the words. I still know it.
5. If I could be stuck in an elevator with any famous person it would be Maya Angelou or Sarah Jessica Parker… Or both!
6. One of my favorite meals–and one that I only allow myself to have every once in a while–is Chicken and Waffles. Oh my gosh. I first had it when I lived in Atlanta. A friend of mine took me to Gladys Knight’s and Ron Winan’s Chicken & Waffles. It was probably 2002, and after one bite I was hooked! We have a place in Lexington whose take on the dish is DELICIOUS! I’m serious, if you’ve never had it try it!!
7. I love to sing, and will often *try* to–especially in the car. But I.CAN’T.SING.WORTH.A.FLIP! Consider that your warning.
8. I love music–a LOT of different kinds.
9. I’m usually pretty good at stuff. And when I’m not, I’m a quick learner and REALLY BAD at giving up before either giving it a serious try or mastering it.
10. My husband is the funniest person I know. Seriously. He knows when I need to laugh and just how to make me laugh. He’s pretty darn awesome!
11. I love to spend time with my friends and to go out and do things. I also love to travel. But I can also be SUCH a homebody! There’s nothing like being at home. In my p.j.s with a book and some coffee. Nothing…
12. I’m really close to my family. I try to talk to them at least every other day.
13. I’m my own worst enemy. I can give others a second chance and extend grace and understanding to them, but I have THE hardest time doing the same thing for myself (see #9).
14. I believe people come into our lives for a reason and stay for a season or a lifetime. But a lot of them leave their mark on our hearts in one way or another–whether we like it or not! 😉
15. I much prefer to read the book than to watch the film. If I see that a movie is being released and is based on a book, I MUST read the book first. And in the (many) cases when I’ve already read the book, I’m very skeptical that the film will do the book justice.