On September 9, 2011, I started a 30-Day Blog Challenge. To see all 30 prompts for this challenge (and Day 1′s response), click here. And then return to Life is Grace until October 9th, to read my answers/responses.
Day 10: Your guilty pleasure (or pleasures!)
1. Popcorn. I know it *can* be good for you. And I DO love air-popped-lightly-salted variety. In fact, it’s often a go-to snack. But I LOVE movie-theater-soaked-in-butter-popcorn, too! But I only indulge every once in a while.
2. Shoes and expensive handbags. I don’t even know what to say here… If I had more expendable income, I’d have SO many more. Of both.
3. I must list books, as well. Reading for pleasure is a luxury. Even so, I try to do it every day, even if I only get through 10 pages of a book. I always feel a little guilty, though. Because there’s always something else I should probably do instead.
4. Having packages delivered to me. For some reason I can’t name, I feel like I’m getting away with something here. Maybe it is like getting an undeserved or unexpected present?
5. Massages. I would pay someone to rub my back for an hour every day if I had the money. I only get a massage about once a year, but I always feel a little guilty for not spending the money on something more obviously practical. When I was finishing graduate school and writing my thesis, I made it a point to get a massage once a month. I think I ended up having 6 month’s worth! But only because spending almost every waking hour hunched over my computer, transcribing recorded data and writing my thesis had my neck and shoulder muscles so tense I could hardly stand it. I actually wouldn’t go back to that time period. But the massages were oh, so nice!!