50 Questions, Part 2
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? What a horrible question! I’m not sure on this one. I think I’d rather not be able to make new ones… The ones I have (childhood, college, teaching, meeting and falling in love with my wonderful husband, etc…) are all pretty wonderful. I’d hate to lose them. Plus, I’m pretty sure the Hubster would make sure issues with lack-of-memory would be taken care of. A la “50 First Dates“. 🙂
27. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes, I believe it is. It’s called faith.
28. Where is the weirdest place you have a mole? On the big toe of my right foot.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? No. Not at all. Is there any way I can remember this for future reference?
30. What was the last thing you ever got grounded for? “Sassing” my mom. It was the only time I was grounded. I think I was like, 8. I remember thinking to myself, “Good, I have a book report to do anyway!”. Good thing I didn’t say that out loud though. I’d have probably been grounded again. For being sassy!
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate? Right now, building my own business with Stella & Dot. I love it, I believe in it and I lovelove building a team with other women who feel the same!
32. When and how was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt? Yesterday.
33. If you had to go back in time and change one thing, if you HAD to, even if you had “no regrets” what would it be? The way I handled myself in ending a friendship-gone-badly. I accepted MUCH of the blame when it wasn’t mine to accept, and allowed myself to be manipulated over and over. I would have stood up for myself if I had it to do again.
34. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? Bono, from U2. Aside from loving their music, I’d love to pick his brain about his faith and all the work he does to advocate for the poor, sick and disenfranchised.
35. How many times have you been cussed out? To my face? Only once (by the friend mentioned in #33). My money is on people cussing me out behind my back.
36. If you had to choose to not ever wash your bed sheets again or not wash your bath towel ever again, which would you rather not wash? This is disgusting, either way you slice it, but I’d rather not wash my sheets. I do think either one of these would result in some SERIOUS nastiness! What a question!
37. What was your childhood nickname? Pinky. Neenerhead. Um, yeah. I still get called those today. 🙂
38. Name something you do when you’re alone that you wouldn’t do in front of others. I sing. I can’t sing, which is why I don’t do it in front of others. But boy, I LOVE to sing!
39. What body part do you wash first? It depends. Sometimes my hair. Sometimes my face.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? About this time last year.
41. Have you ever made out in a movie theater? Yes, I do believe I have.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? Absolutely not. It’s not all about beauty or fame.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? It’s about surviving versus actually THRIVING! I want to thrive–each and every day.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? When you know in your heart and believe that it’s time to just do something.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because ultimately, we hate to fail. It’s tough, even when we know that we’ll learn in the process.
46. Do you have an innie or an outtie? Innie.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Every time I go for a run or do yoga.
48. Have you ever had two dates in one night? No siree!
49. How many drinks does it take before you get drunk? I’ve honestly never been all-out drunk. I’ve been pretty tipsy–and that only takes 2 drinks. I am a very cheap date!
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I am making them for myself.