40 Before 40
They say your 30s are some of the best years of your life (and so far, I’d have to wholeheartedly agree!), so I might as well take advantage of them. I have about 7+ years before I turn 40, so here are 40 things I’d like to do before then. Let’s see if I can’t make it happen! I’m running full-steam ahead, so I plan on marking these things off my list! And as I do, I’ll do a blog post about each one.
1. Live in a big city, downtown, somewhere.
2. Vacation to Hawaii with Brock.
3. Volunteer my time to serve someone or a group of people in need (right now, I’m really drawn to do something about The Girl Effect, but I’m still looking into what to do/how to help!)
4. Build a home that we love.
5. Take a dance class.
6. Attend a cooking class. I lovelove to cook. I’m creative in the kitchen. But I’d like to take a class or a series of classes. Maybe on a certain type of cooking, or even a knife skills class.
7. Run another 10k.
8. Vacation to Ireland with Brock.
9. Travel to the Pacific Northwest.
10. See Canada (British Columbia AND Toronto).
11. Begin investing our money.
12. See NYC at Christmas.
13. Do something special for each of our family members.
14. Take a “girls’ trip” with my mom.
Promote to Star Stylist with Stella & Dot.
16. Take Brock to a Dave Matthews Band concert.
17. Take Brock to a David Gray concert.
18. Take Brock to a Mumford & Sons concert.
19. Attend a shotgun wedding in Vegas (I just really, really want to see one! …even if I don’t know the people getting hitched!)
20. Go white-water rafting down the Ocoee River (been down the Snake, but that was AGES ago!)
21. See a Broadway play ON BROADWAY!
22. Find the cojones to converse in Spanish again. What happened to me!? I had it, then I went to school and got my MA in linguistics, and somehow lost my nerve!!
23. See the Grand Canyon.
24. Party in New Orleans.
Learn how to knit.
28. Go to Washington D.C. with Brock.
Tour a winery.
30. Stand outside Rockefeller Plaza to see the filming of the Today Show (just being in the outside audience will be perfect!)
31. Visit London.
Clean out, minimize, downsize, purge. I’ve started this, but want to continue to do it!
36. Have our own vegetable and herb garden (and learn to tend to it well)!
37. Throw a dinner party–complete with invitations, hor d’oeuvres, drinks, dinner and dessert.
38. Watch 50 more of Imdb’s Top 250 Movies. I’ve seen 66 so far.
39. Convince Brock that he won’t break his bones if we go on a ski trip.
40. Teach Brock how to snow ski.