Happy New Year!
I love the start of the New Year, although I do not really like the tradition of New Year’s Resolutions. I guess because it seems they’re all so typical.
However, I do look back on the previous year and reflect and move forward. And I am a goal-setter. I have always been. They keep me focused and motivated.
My goals for 2011 are:
1) to incorporate more locally grown and raised foods into our diet.
2) to get back to a place where I’m reading more often. I used to read 15-20+ books a year. This year, I think I may have read 6… Wow. I need (and want) to read more! So I’d like to read at least 15 books this year.
3) to become a Star Stylist with Stella & Dot, which involves building and growing a team of 4+ Stylists. I have 3! Here’s to 1 more! Although, I’d love to build an even larger, growing, thriving team of about 10-15.
4) to get back to a place where daily exercise is a more consistent part of my life. I love to run on my elliptical and do yoga. In the past few months though, I’ve gone from exercising almost every day to about 2-3 times a week. I’m SO looking forward to getting back on track.
5) to save between $8000-$10,000 from my Stella & Dot earnings to use toward decorating and furnishing our new house. This will supplement (and hopefully double) some money we’ve already put aside. Right now, we only have enough furniture to fill a few rooms, since we’re living in an apartment. Moving into a 3 bedroom home, with an office, dining room, great room, and living room will require more furniture and home accents. I also want to be sure to be flexible and understand that this home may not be fully furnished and decorated/accessorized upon move-in. That (the decorating) will be part of the fun of it!!
6) to blog almost every day. I announced this goal yesterday in a little more detail, but in an effort to write more often I want to post a blog entry at least 5 times a week.
Photo credit: valentinadesign
What are your goals for the year?